Improve E-Sports/Games Broadcast with SwiftServe Live Stream Delivery Network (LSDN)
Hundreds of games are streamed and watched daily, with worldwide revenue generated in the market amounting to 655 million US dollars in 20171. Part of this is attributed to the many eSports tournaments that attracted millions of gamers and viewers around the globe. The number is expected to rise above the billion dollar mark by 2019.
In order to gain an advantage in this increasingly competitive industry, companies must address the following challenges to satisfy the audience’s expectations of a smooth and interactive viewing experience:
Latency and reliability issues – things can happen in an instant during game play, viewing experience will be greatly affected when the video stream lags or drops out at crucial moments. For platforms offering direct viewer-to-broadcaster interaction, it is also important that viewer suggestions and comments reach the streamer with minimum or no delay; otherwise the interactive nature of such features would serve no purpose.
Device compatibility – most digital consumers today own more than one connected device, it is fundamental to ensure your live streams are able to reach every screen without compromising video quality.
Dealing with big audience – League of Legends, one of the most popular games in eSports industry, attracted around 286 million unique viewers in platforms such as YouTube and Twitch2. The ability to handle large traffic and concurrent viewing around the globe would be one of the keys to success.
- eSports market revenue worldwide from 2012 to 2021 (in million U.S. dollars): https://www.statista.com/statistics/490522/global-esports-market-revenue/
- Report: The esports industry brought in $1.5 billion total revenue in 2017, on course to hit $2.3 billion by 2022: https://dotesports.com/business/news/study-esports-industry-revenue-2017-superdata-predictions-19399
Up your game with SwiftServe LSDN! Through the use of Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) or HTTP-FLV, your streams can maintain persistent connections and low latency. On top of that, viewers will not have to worry about missing an action again with the rewind and pause features. You can also empower the viewers with the option to watch the event whenever they want by recording it with our Private Cloud– Swift Transcoding Appliances (SwiftTA) or Public Cloud – SwiftCoder services.
- Low latency of less than 3 seconds.
- Efficient delivery of content through our distributed cloud architecture, no matter the location and size of your audience.
- Integrates with Conversant’s SwiftTA or SwiftCoder to enable adaptive bitrates for high quality streaming on any devices.
- Token authentication for extra security.
- Insightful reports to help improve on your future broadcasts.